Have you watched the movies? 😀 I am writing this second part of my review on the movies because particularly, I was very surprised that I relate to Celine’s character so damn well it almost scares me.
1. Celine comes from a good, well-educated family which left her with apparently nothing to complain about. Yet, she still faced the same struggle, she’s restless and always questioning the meaning of her existence in the world.
2. On the other hand, she admits:
I always feel this pressure of being a strong and independent icon of womanhood, and without making it look my whole life is revolving around some guy. But loving someone, and being loved means so much to me. We always make fun of it and stuff. But isn’t everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?
Oh my goodness, it is so true! While I’d like to say that my life is all about my career, you all can see that I DO care about my personal life (hence this blog 😛 ).
3. In ‘Before Sunrise’ Celine told Jesse about her last boyfriend. He was totally beneath her in every way that she thought their being together as ‘she was doing him a favor’. He in fact, broke up with her. And the interesting thing is, Celine became obsessed with the guy, the guy she never loved anyway. Hahaha…I completely understand this paradox. I’ve been there 😀 I didn’t love my ex but when he broke up with me (sort of..he in fact just disappeared from my life) I was kind of obsessed. It was not an act out of love, instead it was all pride. I should have been the one who walked away (remember? during the time we’re together, I was merely doing you a favor 😛 ).
4. Celine’s ex’es are all married. Well, one of my ex’es is married 🙂 And most guys who used to court me are now happily ‘in a relationship’. Really, I never want to hook up with them in the first place. But I don’t know why I still sigh everytime I learn -the hard way- that my fan base is (arguably) non-existent 😀
5. She’s a Sag, just like me. She enjoys having her palm read by a Gypsy. And she believes in astrology “You’re a Scorpio, I’m a Sagittarius, that’s why we get along so well!” she said to Jesse.
6. Career aspiration. I really want to do what she does, putting her passion and turn into actions. She works for an international non-governmental organization doing things to make the world better.
7. Her take on soulmate:
The concept is absurd. The idea that we can only be complete with another person is evil! Right?
Oh yeah baby…this is the best-said remark on soulmate I ever hear!