I got this interesting question in ‘Traveler’s Tale’ when one of the characters (Francis Lim) kept asking this question. Apparently the answer is ‘no’ Well you can, but life won’t reply :p
A little note about the book, I knew about it from Sylvia who insisted me on reading it. She even sent me SMS last week to my Thai AIS number just to say “you have to read it!.” Ok, point well-taken Cil! Hahaha…
Back to my question ‘Can you question life?’. I decided to ask a tarot reader instead. For 100,000 Rps you can get all the answers A good bargain, eh? Hehe…
He was the same person who read me last year (the one I mentioned here). So far, some of his readings have been fulfilled. I don’t know if it’s because I -unknowingly- put my faith in his words OR he really could catch a glimpse of my future. Either way, I will focus on the fact that SOME of his prophecy are -so far- reliable.
Last year, he said I would have a promising career providing I could learn to persevere and be patient. This year he reiterated his point. He also mentioned my charm in learning things by doing them. It was not to discourage my interest in furthering my education but he suggested me to ask myself why I really need a master degree.
Is it to upgrade your skills?
Or is it just for the pride of having it (a master degree)?
He followed by reading one of my characteristics (taking ‘pride’ so seriously). Well, I have to admit that he was right
1) Last year he said I would meet someone new this year. Hey, it’s already September! Where is this new guy???
2) Last week he said nothing about prospective love life in the near future. Instead, he told me to be realistic about my preference. Wait a minute! He missed this point. He thought that I preferred foreigners and put locals aside. It’s not true All my close friends know that I look for a Buddhist-Chinese descent-of Java guy (despite some cruel reactions from my friend ‘They don’t intersect!’). Hahahaha…
3) Last year he gave me a hint that I would get married at the age of 30.
4) Last wek he was being nice, 28 he said Good news, two years advance heh? )
5) I asked him last year if I would marry to a rich man He nodded (because I wouldn’t want marry someone unless he’s rich, he said). What kind of prophecy is it???? *head scratching*
There it goes. My love life on a platter
Diligent, smart, quick learner, selfish, stubborn, loves traveling, sociable yet prefers to be intimate with very few people only, temperamental (I have to disagree with the last part)
There is one particular thing that I will use to test him. Let’s see what happen this month (or next month). I will tell you when I get the news